What Are Auto Accident Leads?
In the personal injury lead generation space, auto accident leads are the most popular and often top-performing leads. This is largely because if someone is injured in a car accident, there are several things that are clearer than can be in a typical slip & fall, workers compensation, or other personal injury claim.
Over many years of doing marketing for personal injury law firms, this has been far and away the most successful area of legal leads we’ve generated. That’s why a large focus of ours is to generate high quality, exclusive, real-time auto accident leads, day in and day out, to our law firm partners.
Our auto accident leads include all types of motor vehicle accidents, including:
- Car Accidents
- Truck/18 Wheeler Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrians Hit By Cars/Trucks
- Passengers In Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Uber & Lyft Accidents
- Public Transportation Accident Injuries
How We Generate Auto Accident Leads
Generating quality auto accident leads is not an easy task. In fact, generating auto accident leads is one of the most competitive markets out there. It’s common to pay well over $200-$300 for a single click to advertise to someone searching for a car accident lawyer, so we need to be ruthlessly efficient to generate these leads at a reasonable cost. Through many years of trial and error we’ve found the perfect mix that allows us to get high quality leads at a reasonable cost that will provide very good ROI for our clients. It’s this ability that allows us to have some of the best retention rates in the industry.
Through a wide net of internet advertising, our website is found by people searching for an auto accident attorney or for information pertaining to their auto accident claim and subsequent injuries. Our car accident leads are all generated digitally, with the majority of them coming from paid and organic search. The key difference between search generated leads and other forms of digital lead generation is intent. Only search engine marketing allows for an advertiser to get their message in front of someone at the exact moment that they’ve decided to do something about their auto accident claim by looking for a lawyer or information pertaining to their potential MVA claim.
There are much cheaper and easier ways to generate leads than trying to compete on search with law firms across the country, many of whom have been paying legal marketing companies tons of money for many years to have a good presence on search engines.
Here is one example of a #1 ranking on google for a highly competitive search term, “T Bone Car Accident Settlement” (Our website is lawsuitinfocenter.com, highlighted in blue below. Ask the other lead generation companies to show you #1 organic rankings).
But we believe in quality and making sure our law firms are successful with our leads, so we spare no expense and work tirelessly to improve our performance. We are constantly creating new content, optimizing landing pages, ad copy for paid search, and processes, and generally doing everything we can to succeed in one of the most competitive industries online. We are constantly improving this process as well as exploring additional opportunities to deliver quality to our partners. Our commitment to generating the highest quality car accident leads possible is one of the reasons for our continued longevity & success.
Our Lead Screening Process Ensures Quality Car Accident Leads
Once the accident victims arrive on one of our web pages, we provide valuable information about auto accident laws in their state and ask anyone who would like to speak directly to an attorney to fill out our form for a free consultation. Anyone who meets our screening criteria in your area will be sent directly to your office via email, text message, or sent directly to your case management software.
Upon form submission, we screen for specific criteria (the person must be injured, confirmed that the accident occurred within the statute of limitations, must not already have legal representation, must provide valid contact info, etc).
You will only be sent an auto accident lead if it meets all the following qualifications:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents Only (No general PI, Slip & Fall, Workers Comp Leads, etc).
- Must have been injured in a car accident and not found at fault for the accident.
- Must not have already retained another attorney for the auto accident claim.
- Detailed client information required (Name, City, Zip, Phone, and Comments of Accident)
- Flexible return policy (wrong contact info, wrong practice area, already has an attorney, etc)
- Must meet Statute of Limitations
Customer Support and Lead Return Policy:
If we send over a lead that ends up not meeting one of these requirements, has provided bad contact info, or the accident happened outside of your coverage area, just send us an email letting us know and we will gladly take it back as a return. You will never be charged for invalid auto accident leads.
We also allow for small test orders as a way for you to see that we can deliver, are responsive and easy to work with, and in general are honest, straightforward people with a genuine interest in building solid partnerships with Personal Injury and Mass Tort law firms. We do not tie you into a long contract, do not require huge minimum order sizes, and are very fair on returns for any leads that may get through our screening process.
How Auto Accident Lead Generation Can Benefit Your Law Firm
Buying auto accident leads is also very cost effective, especially if you’re getting leads that are generated through search. Below are google keyword planner’s estimates for how much it costs for a top of page advertisement on their search results for these keywords. The price on the right side column is the amount it costs PER CLICK to advertise for those keywords. This is known as Pay Per Click advertising and is very expensive if done wrong, but is widely considered the best way to do targeted online advertising. This is how we get some of the highest quality auto accident injury leads in the business.
Contrast that with our auto accident leads, which range from $225-$325 – even in the most expensive markets, a fully vetted lead costs less than a single click on google – keep in mind that this one click doesn’t ensure the person will ever contact you (in fact most internet marketing experts will tell you a 10%+ conversion rate is very good, so it can be reasonably expected that 9 out of 10 of these clicks will disappear into thin air. Of the 10% that do call, some won’t hire you, some will already have a lawyer or be found at fault, so not all 10% will even become clients. In that light, $250ish for a fully screened auto accident lead that you can return if it doesn’t meet qualifications, seems like quite a bargain.
Auto accidents is an “evergreen” practice area – meaning no matter what, people will always get in car accidents and will need legal help in settling these claims for their auto accident injuries with insurance companies. Here are some stats on car crashes and settlements in the US.
- There are over 6 million auto accidents in the US annually
- An estimated 38,800 people lost their lives in car accidents in 2018, according to a National Safety Council Report
- Overall, car accident deaths are decreasing slightly, but fatalities have increased in recent years when motorcycles or pedestrians are involved.
- Alcohol was a factor in 65% of all MVA fatalities.
- The average auto accident settlement in the US was roughly $20,000 in 2019.
Can Buying Auto Accident Leads Benefit All Personal Injury Law Firms?
While we’re clearly believers in the ability of auto accident lead generation as a simple, cost effective way to increase your law firm’s caseload, there are some instances where buying auto accident leads is’t a good marketing strategy. Here are a few:
- You’re only looking for severe/catastrophic injuries. The majority of car accidents will lead to minor or no injuries, and it is next to impossible to filter out leads by severity of injury.
- You’re only focused on a specific type of motor vehicle accident. Similar to how it’s hard to filter out only very serious injuries, it’s also hard to single out things like motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, or aviation accidents. The firms that are the most successful with auto accident leads are willing and able to assist with soft tissue injuries and more run of the mill MVA cases. The bigger cases do come, but there is a degree of “hitting singles” that needs to be done while you wait on the home run pitch.
- You’re not prepared to pay a decent amount of money per lead for quality. Buying cheap auto accident leads can be like paying 39 cents for a burger… you may not pay much up front, but the expense afterwards can be pretty brutal. The fact is, MVA cases are very valuable to PI attorneys, so many of them are willing to spend big money to acquire them and corner their local markets. As a result, any lead generation company that’s generating quality leads from search, is paying a fair amount of money to do so. We simply can’t sell leads generated from search on the cheap – we’d go broke – and any lead generation company that tells you different is probably doing something unscrupulous on the back end to generate their leads cheaply. As the saying goes – you get what you pay for.
- You don’t have good intake in place. We’ve written extensively on intake and included more info and links below, so we’ll summarize by saying that if you can’t be persistent and call on the leads in a timely, professional manner, you probably shouldn’t waste your money buying the leads in the first place.
How Our Auto Accident Leads Are Delivered
Once a lead has been submitted and is screened to make sure it meets our quality criteria, we match that person to our law firm partner in that city or state based on the zip code they entered on the form.
Once the lead has been matched to a law firm, we can send it to you however you would like it – we can send it via email, text message, or post it directly to your CRM or case management software. This all happens in a matter of milliseconds, ensuring that you’re getting leads as soon as the request for a free consultation comes in.
Why We Believe In Exclusive, Real Time Leads
Any auto accident lead that you will receive from us will be exclusive and delivered in real time. When all leads are exclusive and delivered in real time, it ensures not only that our leads are some of the highest quality you can find, but will also drastically improve our partners’ contact and thus conversion rates.
Tips For Ensuring Success With An Auto Accident Lead Generation Campaign
Our goal is long term and happy clients, and we recognize that delivering value and a good return on investment, with quality customer service and insightful suggestions, is the best way to do so.
The most important thing any personal injury law firm can do to succeed with car accident lead generation is have a good intake protocol in place, and good people making the calls to the leads. You can read about our best practices for intake to make sure you convert on as high a percentage of leads as possible.
Best ROI You Will Find:
As with any service provider, we know that we will only succeed when our personal injury attorney partners succeed. We believe that you will not get more bang for your buck out of any marketing than you will be able to achieve with us. In essence, we are taking all of the risk and delivering potential customers to your door. For more detailed information, read our article about calculating the ROI on personal injury leads.
It has been our experience that if you’re trying to market a personal injury practice, the fastest and most cost efficient way to do so is by buying auto accident leads from a quality legal lead generation company. If you’re trying to grow a PI firm, please give us a call to talk through some of the ways we can help.
Auto Accident Lead FAQ’s:
[ultimate-faqs include_category=’auto-accident-leads’ ]
View More Frequently Asked Questions