It’s not easy to get personal injury clients. Contacting new personal injury leads law firm can be complicated. You might not understand or even know when it’s time to contact a lead or how often to do so. Do you contact the lead multiple times per day? Do you contact the lead multiple times per week? How do you contact the leads? Do you use multiple forms of communication? These are all great questions that law firms struggle to answer. Today, we will take a look at the ideal number of times to contact a lead so you can make the most of your leads to get personal injury clients.
When dealing with multiple leads coming into your firm every day, you need to have a plan in place. The best plan of action to have include the following:
- Choose the appropriate method of communication to reach out to the lead.
- Use informal channels to build a rapport with the lead.
- Use a brief message via email or voicemail to get the attention of the lead.
- Be persistent with the lead for a short period.
- Have an understanding of when it is time to stop contacting the lead.
- Keep emotions out of the contact and always know that leads are a numbers game.
Varying Your Methods of Contact
It is important to vary the methods you use to contact new leads for your law firm. Simply calling the phone number provided won’t always work in securing a lead as a customer. You should, as mentioned earlier, use email to make contact with your leads. A phone number is useful to make calls, but it can also be used to send a personal text message. Introduce yourself in a text message and let the lead know you are available to chat at their convenience, no matter the time of day.
Best Time of Day to Contact a Personal Injury Lead
A study conducted by Lead Response Management found the best and worst times of day to contact leads. The best times of day include the following:
- Wednesdays and Thursdays are the two best days to call leads by 49.7 percent over the worst day to call. Tuesday is the worst day of the week to contact and convert a lead.
- Between 4 and 6pm are the best times of day to contact new leads by 114 percent over the worst time of day to call. Another strong timeframe to contact a lead is between 8 and 9am. The worst time of day to contact a lead is between 7 and 8am.
- You should contact a new lead within the first hour of receiving that lead. If you don’t, the odds of landing that lead drop by 10 times each subsequent hour you do not contact the lead.
The Bottom Line: A Good Intake System Can Help You Get Personal Injury Clients
As you can see, contacting leads is very important to landing new clients for your law firm. What’s just as important is the number of times you contact the lead, the methods you use to contact the lead, and the day and time of day you contact the lead.